THE SOCIETY IS LOOKING FOR A NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO START WORK THIS FALL.
An exciting opportunity for someone with passion and ambition to help shape the future of the Society and deliver its mission – to advance and foster environmental learning, experiences, protection and appreciation… to support communities that embrace and conserve our natural spaces.
Be part of a dynamic and committed team that promote environmental stewardship and provide outdoor education to over 4500 schoolchildren and adults every year.
If interested please download details of how to apply here.
Any questions? Please contact email@example.com
The Society wants all Calgarians to understand the importance of natural landscapes in sustaining life, and to be engaged in their protection and preservation. It works to:
- preserve, protect, and restore naturally functioning ecosystems within the Weaselhead Natural Environment Park, Calgary
- advance the education of the public in conservation and environmental stewardship
- provide educational field-trips for schools and community-based organisations
You can help!
- Support the work of the Society by becoming a lifetime member ($25) or make a donation.
- Become a ‘Citizen Scientist’! Take a photo of any of the life you find (from the rarest butterfly to the commonest weed) when visiting the Park and upload to the ‘Weaselhead Project’ on iNaturalist or volunteer with one of the programs on our Citizen Science page.
- If you enjoy working outside – volunteer with our Invasive Plant Program….
- ….or if you are interested in developing your field-work skills, why not join our SWCRR Impact Study team?
- Other events and opportunities as they come up are posted here….. or sign up to be put onto our mailing list (you may unsubscribe at any time).
Interested in learning more about the fauna and flora you see in the Park?
Search our extensive species database for information on identification, life history, locations, and photos. (Many species are missing photos – if you can fill in the gaps with one of yours we would be very grateful! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Interested in photography?
The Society maintains an extensive collection of photographs of the Weaselhead and its flora, fauna, events etc., and including aerial images documenting the construction of the SWCRR along the western boundary of the park. Members are very welcome to add their photos to this website.
Interested in the history of the Society and/or the Weaselhead area?
There is a fascinating blog maintained by a local resident that explores the long and varied history of the decision to build the South West Calagary Ring Road across Tsuut’ina land to the west of the park – and includes much interesting information about the Weaselhead area. There is also a brief history here of the Society itself…
Note: The Weaselhead was a former military training ground – if you find any old ordinance – please leave it alone and contact the authorities: UXO_Factsheet Calgary_Weaselhead.